Tuesday 30 June 2009

Internet Prospecting: I Don't Want Your Clicks, I Want Your Business

Internet Prospecting: I Don't Want Your Clicks, I Want Your Business!,Dr. Gary S. Goodman
There is a fundamental flaw in the thinking of internet writers and marketers.
Imagine panning for gold, but instead of going to where you know there are deposits, you turn on the tap in the kitchen and you do your panning there.
How likely are you to see any gold?
Your panning “technique” could be flawless, but you’re doing it in the wrong place, right?
Likewise, to all of my wonderful colleagues who are tirelessly crafting and posting articles on the web, take a moment to consider the wisdom of what you’re doing.
Is it really the kind of PROSPECTING that pays off?
Nearly every article is aimed at getting people to visit web sites. Will that really earn any significant money for you?
My web traffic is NOT positively correlated with my profits. As clicks increase, my wealth does not necessarily grow.
Why?
People don’t buy what I have to offer, at the prices at which I offer it, by going to web sites.
They buy after we have had at least one, and usually more significant interpersonal exchanges, usually where we speak and listen to each other.
Phone conversations, personal visits, training venues, speeches, and other media sell what I offer.
Web sites are like black holes, sucking attention and interest AWAY from where it needs to be directed if I am to prosper.
Unless you’re Google, or a Google affiliate or an Internet Service Provider, remember this: Clicks aren’t money.

No comments:

Post a Comment